Service Team members can be great mentors for new leaders, as well as provide local opportunities for training, networking, and appreciation events for volunteers!
Examples of volunteer support activities provided by Service Teams:
- Host local enrichment trainings for volunteers, such as outdoor education, CPR, lifeguarding, and networking/idea sharing sessions
- Provide Girl Scout books or start up supplies to new leaders
- Create a mentoring program to match new troop leaders with experienced volunteers
- Host a robust Service Area social media Facebook page, where ideas are shared, questions are answered, and local opportunities are posted
- Plan and implement fun, interactive Service Area leader meetings
- Identify exceptional volunteers within the Service Area and nominate them for council recogition. Awards include Volunteer of Excellence, Appreciation Pin, Honor Pin, Thanks Badge I and II. Criteria can be found here.
- Offer volunteer appreciation and social activities such as a year-end leader dinner or celebration.