Outdoor Skills Help
Need an outdoor expert? Arrange for Girl Scout staff to meet your troop or service area at a camp property. We offer customized experiences including archery, low ropes, outdoor cooking, paddling, swimming, and snowshoeing. All equipment and facilitation included!
Offered at Camps: Birch Trails (Irma, WI), Winnecomac (Kaukauna, WI), Del O’Claire (Schofield, WI), Sacajawea (Wisconsin Rapids, WI), Pow Low (Gwinn, MI); and the Appleton Service Center.
Starting at $10 per person.
Some activities are seasonal. Not all activities are available at all properties. All bookings are subject to staff availability. Contact Girl Scouts at email@example.com or 888.747.6945 to start planning your adventure!
Program Aide (PA) Training involves learning to work with children and adapting activities for special needs and situations. You’ll be ready to put your new skills to the test by completing hands on activities that will prepare you for real life situations working with younger kids in troops, at day camps, and at council and service unit events. This training is tons of fun and you’ll leave feeling energized and ready to jump into a variety of leadership roles with younger Girl Scouts!
Search for and sign up for one of our currently planned PA training sessions here: https://www.gsnwgl.org/eventssearch. Can’t make it to our scheduled trainings? You can request a training to come to you!
- The Girl Scouts (minimum of 20, maximum of 30 Girl Scout Cadettes)
- The location. Must have enough tables and chairs for the number of participants, as well as a large open space for group games and activities. This training is fully “unplugged,” meaning we do not need access to A/V equipment or wi-fi. Location examples include a Girl Scout property, community room, or school building.
- Lunch (you can cater or have participants bring their own sack lunches)
- Program Aide Trainer(s)
- All materials for the training
- Program Aide Kit for Girl Scouts
- Flyer templates and confirmation emails
$25 per person. Adults are welcome (but not required) to stay and observe at no charge. All bookings are subject to staff availability. Contact Girl Scouts at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888.747.6945 to start planning your adventure!
Adventures on the Go will bring adventures and outdoor experiences to our Girl Scouts near and far. We offer archery, orienteering, campfire cooking, paddle boarding, outdoor badges and more- and take special requests!
Adventures on the Go is stocked and staffed to bring all the necessary outdoor equipment and expertise to communities throughout our geography.
Register for clinic-style experiences when Adventures on the Go stops near you, request a stop for your troop or service area, or find us at local community events.
- The Girl Scouts (minimum 8)
- The location. Consider reserving space at city, county, or state parks, nature preserves, or camp sites. You will need space for the pickup truck and trailer to park, and for the selected activities to take place.
Starting at $15 per person. Some activities are seasonal. Not all activities are available in all locations. All bookings are subject to staff availability. Contact Girl Scouts at email@example.com or 888.747.6945 to start planning your adventure!